Free & FAST shipping on UK orders over £18!
Dubbed as the 5KX because of its undeniable resemblance to its older brother SKX007/SKX009, the Seiko 5 Sports/SRPD dive watch is stealing the hearts of many Seiko enthusiasts.
Seiko is a brand loved by timepiece lovers because of its modability feature, thanks to the variety of Seiko mod parts in the market today. Since we’re talking about the latest Seiko 5 Sports/SRPD, we’re ready to dig deeper into its mod part compatibility.
With that being said, the biggest question of Seiko fans is this: are the new Seiko 5/SRPD models compatible with SKX007/SKX009 mod parts?
What are the Different Compatible Mod Parts?
- Bezel: Fortunately, the SKX bezel has plug-and-play features that also work well for Seiko 5 Sports/SRPD models, and, on top of that, the bezel assembly is quite the same. So if you want to switch to the Seiko 5 Sports dive watch, this is great news for you since you’ll have a plethora of bezel collections to choose from.
- Bezel Inserts: Since the bezel is compatible with Seiko 5 Sports/SRPD, there’s no surprise that the SKX007 bezel is compatible with this newer line. What makes this extra fantastic is that there are many designs and colours to choose from, so finding a new insert to complement your new watch will be so much fun!
- Crystal: The new Seiko 5 Sports/SRPD models come with a Hardlex crystal similar to the SKX007. So if you want to upgrade your watch to a sapphire crystal, you’re in for a treat.
- Dials, Hands, and Chapter Rings: All SKX007/SKX009 chapter rings, hands, and dials are compatible with the Seiko 5 Sports/SRPD.
What Mod Parts aren’t Compatible?
Unfortunately, some Seiko mod parts aren’t compatible with the new Seiko 5 Sports/SRPD.
- Crowns: This is sad news for SKX fans because the new Seiko 5 Sports don’t feature a screw-down crown. Because of this, it isn’t compatible with the SKX007 crowns in the market today.
- Fat Springbars: One of the reasons many love the SKX007 is because of its fat springbars. But sadly, you can swap this over to your Seiko 5 Sports/SRPD. The new Seiko 5 Sports come with springbars with a slightly smaller tup, unlike the OEM Seiko fat springbars.
List of Seiko 5 Sports/SRPD References/Model Numbers
- Sports Collection: SPRD55K3, SRPD57K1, SRPD59K1, SRPD55K1, SRPD55K3, SRPD57K1, SRPD59K1, SRPD61K1, SRPD63K1, SRPD65K1, and SRPD65K4;
- Street Collection: SRPD79K1, SRPD81K1, and SRPD83K1;
- Suits Collection: SRPD65K2, SRPD67K1, SRPD69K1, SRPD71K1, SRPD71K2, SRPD73K1, SRPD73K2, and SRPD75K1;
- Specialist Collection: SRPD55K2, SRPD65K3, and SRPD76K1;
- Sense Collection: SRPD77K and SRPD85K1;
The Bottom Line: There’s Still a Lot You Could Do With Your Seiko 5 Sports SPRD
Fortunately, a handful of Seiko mod parts are compatible with the new Seiko 5 Sports/SRPD. Not to mention the 27 different colourways you can choose from that came with its initial launch.
If you’re looking to get a Seiko 5 Sports to watch and wondering if you’ll enjoy the brand’s modability feature, there’s nothing for you to worry about here since key parts of the new line are compatible with SKX007 and SKX009.
How Can We Help You?
If you’re looking for Seiko mod parts, you’ve come to the right place. Seikomods.com specialises in designing and manufacturing Sapphire crystals and custom parts for Seiko watches. The best thing about us is that we also ship worldwide.
Check out our products today and transform your timepiece!